SIMU axis : Structures – Impact – Modelling – Machining
SIMU axis particularly focuses on the behavior of composite materials and structures after manufacturing.
A wide range of scientific topics and domains of application is covered, from the material to the structure, summarized below in 3 points. (details available following the links).
Topics SIMU-1 : PROCESSES AND STRUCTURES (strong interaction with MSC/MaPP axis)
- 1. Analysis and modelling of shape defects generated during the manufacturing of composite structures
- 2. Analysis of links between manufacturing/machining parameters and mechanical strengths
- 3. Machining of composite and wood
Topics SIMU-2 : STRUCTURES AND MODELLING
- 1. Short fibers
- 2. Modelling Strategies
- 3. Cork and Wood-based eco-structures
Topics SIMU-3 : EXPERIMENTAL METHODS AND MEANS
- 1. Combined loading
- 2. Bonding and Interfaces
- 3. Measurement Methods and Specific Tests
- 4. Dynamic testing