ICA is formed by the merger of three research structures in Midi-Pyrenees: le Centre de Recherche Outillages,
Matériaux et Procédés de l'ENSTIMAC (CROMeP), le Département
Mécanique Structures et Matériaux de l'ISAE (DMSM) et le
Laboratoire de Génie Mécanique de Toulouse de l'INSA et de l'UPS
(LGMT). ICA is a "Unité Mixte de Recherche" (UMR) of the French Comité National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) since january 2016.
The laboratory is organized into four research groups:
- Composite Materials and Structures, more infos...
- Surfaces, Machining, Materials and Tools, more infos...
- Modelling of Mechanical Systems and Microsystems, more infos...
- Metrology, Identification, Control and Monitoring, more infos...
and a team of administrative and technical support, more infos...
ICA has about 80 research professors, 20 temporary researchers, 20 administratives, ingineers and technicians, 90 doctoral students, as well as many students. With the peculiarity of counting:
- Insitutionally, people belonging to four major institutions: UPS and INSA from the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, ISAE from the Ministry of Defence, and Mines Albi from the Ministry of Industry.
- Geographically, staff is distributed in four cities of the Midi-Pyrénées region: Albi, Figeac, Tarbes and Toulouse.
Management is composed of a director and two deputy directors, three ministries are represented in this trio. The technical support team is organized into three components, one for each ministry.
Each research group brings together staff from different institutions and at different locations.